Thursday, May 31, 2012

Painting glass

It has been a long time since my last visit to the Restore, so I jumped in the car when 
RN gave me the ok to go!
Yes!
I grabbed put the baby in the car seat and 
off I went.

I was hoping to find something for our 
new bathroom, 




and when I got there I did see a few things that caught my eyes:
especially two tall vases...in the same color family as the color on our bathroom wall...
I wish I had the camera with me, 
but remember? 
I jumped in the car so fast that I did not even think about bringing the camera. 
And that's ok.

The vases were $16 each, well, actually they were 1/2 price because they had been 
there for over 2 weeks, 
so technically they were $8 each.
Not bad, but give it another week, and they are going to be marked down another 50% off.
So that would make them $4 each!
If I am lucky they'll still have it then!

In the meantime, I went ahead and bought this 
glass bottle, for $2. 
I liked the texture and the height...

It had to be washed and cleaned up, and then I got my Martha Stuart $1 can of paint
 (found at the Restore back in March)

I went outside and pured some paint on the inside of the bottle...and then 
I swirled it around 
(yeah, I am using very technical words now).






I made sure the inside got an even coating, let the extra paint back in the can,and then just let it dry.



I decided to paint the inside because it is not 
going to be used to carry any liquids, and because the outside is just too textured, hence, it would have been very hard to paint...I think.

The paint is the same color I used for the walls above the beadboard wallpaper.



I am pleased with the result of this project, so most likely I am going to forget about the tall vases I saw last week...maybe...






Now, what should I put inside the bottle?
If anything...



Cost of project $2

Stay Frugal,

12 comments:

The Thriftiness Miss said...

This is awesome! I love the paint color and it looks like good stuff. But then again it's Martha :)

Kelly said...

That was a neat idea! I like how it turned out. I love working on new projects. I bet that one was fun. You sure can't beat the price either!

Weathered Treasure said...

OHH!!! I love this! It's so pretty. I would love to do this.

Crystal @ 29 Rue House said...

I seriously love the Restore. So glad you found something that was a good price and I LOVE what you did with the paint! Now hopefully I'll get to our Restore this weekend!

Katherines Corner said...

it looks terrific. I like the pattern too. Thank you for sharing at the Thursday Favorite Things blog hop xo

Miss Charming said...

What a great idea for bringing new life to old crystal.

Unknown said...

Fun! I have a project on my blog where I painted glass to look like mercury glass...you might like it! New follower....

Morenascorner.blogspot.com

Debbiedoos said...

Now that was clever. I have never seen anything done like that before. Thanks for sharing with the newbie party. Glad you had a fun outing.

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

Pretty, Daniela! I love the detail on the bottle. Hmmm, what to put inside. Something simple ~ a single floral stem or fern leaf?

Unknown said...

Gorgeous bottle and I think it actually looks better with the painted inside. I would love it if you would share this on my linky party Tout It Tuesday. http://www.claimingourspace.com/2012/06/tout-it-tuesday-9.html

Michelle {Jarrah Jungle} said...

I really like this, the paint has brought out the pattern on the bottle. I think it would make a nice candle holder with a long tapered candle inside. It also looks great as it is :)

Karla Do More said...

LOVE it!!! I've seen others do this and have wanted to do it for a while. It looks so pretty! :)