Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Wall art

This is what I created with a couple of dollars and some creativity.
The biggest art piece is this letter I made from the bottom of a box and used coffee filters!
Click here to view how I made it.

Total cost for that $0...and I even compost my coffee grounds in my super simple and economical DIY compost bin.
Next is this art made with shims...this kind (as if there are any others...)
I love my shims!
Then I have now used all of my 5 free baskets.
I am thinking adding a mirror  would reflect some light and make the space feel bigger.
Can you see something like this on my wall?
Bassett Mirror
Or maybe a black and white Ansel Adams print
Print
Birds on Wire
Prints/posters are a frugal way to add interest to a wall, and still keep it on a budget.

This is how the space looked a few months back.
And here is how it looks today.

 The wall art came out to be only $2 oop (out of pocket) and few hours of craft :)

One more before and after side by side




Stay Frugal,
Daniela

12 comments:

Kelly said...

I love how it turned out! Your wall grouping looks great with that large N you made and the screen in the back is so pretty with your pictures hung on it.

NanaDiana said...

Very clever. It looks great! xo Diana

Cristina Garay said...

I like how that N draws lots of attention! I think that's my favorite, pair up with the clean look of the room divider!

Sonny G said...

Clever, stylish and on a budget..

Take a Bow~!

Liz @ Quirky Vistas said...

Well, I should be in good shape for making letters. Heaven knows there are enough used coffee filters around here! Thanks for coming by and for your mosquito advice. I need every remedy I can find to try. Never heard the one about rosemary, but I'll give it a try for sure.
Liz

Lynn Wood said...

You've got it all pulled together now! It has been fun watching this process and I love the end result. It is such a stylish update!!

Libby said...

I like how you've changed up the arrangement and look in your space. It's amazing what a difference a couple of items makes. And you all must drink loads of coffee. :-)

Sew a Fine Seam said...

That letter is absolutely stunning! I love that idea! Have to pin this one!!

Katherine said...

It looks fantastic! Much better than the before pic! I like the coffee filter initial. Thanks for sharing!

One More Time Events said...

ok so now you gave me an idea....hmmm Love love it.

Lisa Montsion said...

I love the photo of the elephant.

lisa

Mom2347 said...

Now I know what to do with all those coffee filters! It's a great idea. The shims made a nice little piece, too. hmmmm... I wonder what I can do with slats from an old shutter??? The best part about reading blogs is that it inspires creativity! Thanks for adding to that!