Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Eggplant Parmesan Bites

Eggplant Parmesan bites are great to eat as an appetizer or as a side dish.
What I love about them is that they are super easy to make.

I usually even grill the eggplants a day 
(or few days ahead).
This makes the 
"putting together on the day of" 
even faster.

Very simple.

Grill the eggplants.


Use a can of 

crushed tomatoes and shredded mozzarella cheese.
I also add fresh basil to my tomatoes.

In a glass dish, add a few spoons of crushed tomatoes, 
then add some mozzarella to the center of the grilled eggplant slices.
Roll them up.

Add some crushed tomatoes to the top
and heat up in the oven.

You only want the mozzarella cheese to melt.
In my oven it usually takes 15 to 20 minutes on 350°.

We eat them hot, warm or cold.
As a side dish, we eat them warm.
As a party appetizer, we eat them cold.
The reason for warming them up anyway, is so the cheese can melt and the eggplant roll will stay rolled up.

Stay Frugal,
Daniela

6 comments:

Kelly said...

Thanks for sharing this recipe. It looks like a good one especially for an horderve.

Mariette VandenMunckhof-Vedder said...

Dearest Daniela,
What a yummy looking apetizer you baked here. Lovely recipe and thanks again.
Hugs,
Mariette

Cristina Garay said...

Eggplant is not one of my favorite vegetables but this recipe sure makes me want to go buy some and try it! Thanks for sharing Daniela!

NanaDiana said...

Those look great!!!! You have such good recipes, Dani! xo Diana

Junkchiccottage said...

HI Dani,
I am not a big eggplant fan but you make these look so good. I may have to try this. Yum.
Kris

Magali@TheLittleWhiteHouse said...

I love every ingredient here! Perfect recipe!