Friday, March 29, 2013

Subway Art...the easy way

I like subway art, 
and when I found this fabric at a garage sale, I knew I had to get it.
It's also perfect as we approach Easter, 
even if my faith is not limited to just a couple of days out of the year.
So here is what I used

fabric+a "clip frame" (that's what I call it)
The clip frame was free, found it maybe 10 years ago...
The fabric was found at  a garage sale, and was also very cheap.
I clipped the fabric at the top, 
stretched it evenly,
folded the corners.
I am still considering about using a lighter color (acrylic paint) to go over the lettering, just to make it pop more.
What do you think?
A great way to add interest and art to a wall is to use fabric.

Stay Frugal,
Daniela

Linking to
Between Naps on the Porch

11 comments:

Kelly said...

That is nice! I love the idea of clipping fabric to a frame like that. I do think it would look even better with white lettering, but I bet that would be a lot of work. Some of the letters are very small!

Jen said...

Love it! Think I remember seeing clip frames like that before.

Tuula @ Thrifty Rebel Vintage said...

This is fabulous! That fabric was a great find. Love it!

NanaDiana said...

It looks great- what wonderful fabric. xo Diana

Beth said...

I've nominated you for the Liebster Award on my blog. http://amomsviewfromthepew.blogspot.com/2013/03/liebster-award.html

ℳartina @ Northern Nesting said...

I LOVE IT!!
Happy Easter Daniela!

Liz @ Quirky Vistas said...

How sweet that you could find such great fabric and do your own version of subway art. Love it!
Liz

Deneen@dreaming-n-color said...

I like it just the way it is. Great fabric, Would look nice backing a piece of furniture too.

Cristina Garay said...

That's right down my alley, I love it!

Unknown said...

I would have snatched up that fabric too! Did it happen to have a selvage on it with the manufacturer's name? I suggest cutting a little test strip if you can and maybe highlighting a few of the words.

Anonymous said...

You are nothing if not inventive. I doubt I would have remembered I had the clip board, much less think to put the two together. Love it.
Janet