Monday, March 18, 2013

Number Sign

Lately I have been drawn to numbers (and metal)...maybe I should play the lottery...then again, maybe not.
Anyway, when I saw this 
on The Essence of Home blog, 
I knew I wanted to make something similar.
So I got a piece of wood from my pile

(I think this was a shelf from a small bookcase we used to have)
and painted it white.
Then it was time to print out a large number and the number written out.
The process is simple, using carbon copy paper, 
then painted the number and letter with a sample paint I got a few years ago.
It even has a built in brush, but for the narrow parts, I used one of my artist brushes, because it was thinner and is a better quality brush.
Now it's drying and then I am thinking about lightly sanding it and applying a glaze to the finished product.

This was a $0 project.

Stay Frugal,
Daniela

Linking to
TwelveOeight
Our Home Away from Home
Savvy Southern Style
Stone Gable

10 comments:

Art and Sand said...

I love free!

You did a great job on your sign.

NanaDiana said...

I saw that on Essence, too. You did a wonderful job- I love numbers, too- xo Diana

Redfly Classroom said...

This is really neat Diana! I would love to have you share it on our link party at redflycreations(dot)com. Actually, I would love to have you share anything from your site----I love all your projects!

I think I am going to have to find an old board and try my hand at this too!

Thanks for sharing!

Melissa

Redfly Classroom said...

Ahgh! I meant Daniela, not Diana. Sorry!

Revi said...

Love numbers, especially 7, and that it was zero cost! zero is a good number, too. :)
-Revi

Unknown said...

This is really cool Dani!! LOVE numbers too :)

xo, Tanya

Nancy Carr said...

A fun sign.

Amy of While Wearing Heels said...

I love the number 7. This project turned out great. Another project where you show off your hand painting talents.

Kelly said...

You're so creative! I love how that turned out. Glad my number inspired you! I like the distressing idea you're thinking about doing to yours. Can't wait to see where you hang it.

Cristina Garay said...

Seven is like a lucky number, no? Most people love number 7! I'm just trying to figure out where are you going to decorate with it! Btw I love it too!