Monday, March 25, 2013

Easy Souffle

I remember my mom making this dish while growing up.
There is just something comforting in eating a family recipe.
This is also something that I can make easily and the children love it.
So it's a win, win.
We call it a potato souffle, souffle' di patate.

The recipe is simple.
Start by making your favorite mashed potato. I know everyone has one, so I am going to skip this step.
I also make a lot of it for our family of five
Once you have made the mashed potato, use part of a stick of butter to prepare your glass dish.
I like to use the small ones, to make individual portions.
Here are the steps.
1-start by covering the bottom of the Pyrex with mashed potatoes (about 1inch thick).
2-add a layer of ham (2-3 slices).
3-add a layer of cheese (I have used all kind of cheese, from American to Swiss).
4-add another layer of mashed potatoes.
5-add a little butter and use a fork to make some marks. 
(this will help with the browning of the top)

Put in the oven for 25min, at 350F to let the top brown a little.
And here it is, ready to eat.

Stay Frugal,
Daniela

Linking to
Coastal Charm
Savvy Southern Style
Stone Gable

6 comments:

Mindi@MyLove2Create said...

Yummy! I may have to try this for my kids! Thanks!

Tuula @ Thrifty Rebel Vintage said...

This looks great!! I love mashed potatoes, and the combinations with the ham and cheese sounds delicious!!

Amy of While Wearing Heels said...

What a delicious belly warming meal. I am sure it brings back happy memories of your own childhood when you make it.

NanaDiana said...

That sounds wondeful, Dani. I bet it brings back lots of memories of home. xo Diana

Meredith @ The Laundry Can Wait said...

I have never seen a recipe like this. It looks really good, and my kids love mashed potatoes. I bet it's a crowd-pleaser.

XOXO,
Meredith

Anonymous said...

That looks so good! What a great idea to do with leftover mashed potatoes. I always make extra because my fam loves them. This can actually create a whole new meal. I will be giving this a try. Visiting from Tuts and Tips. Have a wonderful Easter. Blessings! Wanda