Friday, May 4, 2018

Laminate Floor

As I promised, I am starting to share our remodeling journey.
The day we signed the papers and got the key of our new home,
we immediately went over and started to remove the old carpet.
after

before (listing photo)
I had exactly 4 days before our container arrived, to remove ALL the carpet in the home and replace it with new flooring.
I had to get the floor done before we could move our furniture in.

before (listing photo)
after

To say that this was a stressful process is an
understatement.


I was able to have everything done,
but all I am going to say is:
9-10 hours work every day and
Ibuprofen.

I had the flooring already picked out before we even moved down.
It all came done to what it would be easier and faster to install.
We had carpet everywhere, and only 4 days to remove the old and install the new.

I really wanted tiles...but at that time, I didnt know how to tile, and it would have been an over.my.head kind of project.
After much research, I chose the NuCore laminate flooring.
This stuff is some of the most expensive laminate you can find, but considering that I could install myself, it was our best option. 
In the end, we payed as much in laminate floor material that we would have spent if we went with tiles, but the cost of installation was FREE (from yours truly), compared to have someone install tiles close to 1500 sq.

This laminate has a cork backing and is waterproof.
I went with Mixed grays color.

I used a miter saw to cut the planks and a dremel tool to do all the small cuts.
You can score and snap the planks...but that would have taken me FOREVER!!
I am glad we did the floors before we moved in.

Stay Frugal,
Daniela





6 comments:

Guerrina said...

The flooring is stunning!

Carla from The River said...

WOW .. it looks wonderful. I like the color.

Junkchiccottage said...

Looks great Daniela. That is the same flooring we had put in our lower level. It is really nice you are going to love it.
Happy Weekend.
Kris

Mariette VandenMunckhof-Vedder said...

Dearest Daniela,
Oh my, you are a true WONDER-WOMAN!
Doing all those rooms in just 4 days is quite a challenge but yes, you cannot move furniture in when the floors are not done.
Big compliment on what you achieved and you selected a great color.
Sending you hugs,
Mariette

Libby said...

Girl, that's an absolutely tedious undertaking in such a short amount of time, but well worth it. Kudos to you and your amazing skill set! The floors look amazing. xxx

Katie Mansfield said...

That carpet! Wow. You will make it beautiful, I'm sure.