Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Easy to make food: Eggs and Potatoes combo

What a healthy meal looks like?
It depends on who you ask to.

My definition of a healthy meal is: a fresh, homemade, full of flavor kind of meal.
So I keep away from the cans and the premade boxed/frozen food.
Also I stay away from restaurants as much as possible.

That said, I truthfully eat a wide variety of foods.
I get bored with the same breakfast, lunch or dinner.

This past Saturday I ran and finished my second marathon with a PR of 4:24.
this is the proof picture, as I have not received the hard copy yet 

 Needless to say, 

when I got home I was just plain tired.

At that point I needed a combination of carbs and protein.
The so called recovery meal. 

So I quickly washed 4 medium/large red potatoes and diced them up. 
Skin and all. 
I used 1 tablespoon of olive oil for my cast iron pan, and cooked the potatoes for about 20 minutes (or until tender). 
At that point I added 

4 large eggs and turned the stove off. 
The heat of the cast iron pan will cook the eggs. 
Before serving I salted the potatoes and eggs.

The entire meal is about 800 calories, 
making this perfect for 2-4 people servings.

As for me, 
that was a 1 serving meal.

A delicious, easy and very inexpensive meal.

Stay Frugal,
Daniela

On my Etsy Shop until May4th

10 comments:

Mariette VandenMunckhof-Vedder said...

Dearest Daniela,
Indeed a very delicious and inexpensive meal and far better than any canned food or whatever.
Love the poster! CONGRATS again on your great performance!!!
Hugs,
Mariette

Butterfly 8)(8 Bungalow said...

Congratulations!

That's a meal my spouse loves to make. I like the way you arranged it in the pan.

Junkchiccottage said...

Congrats Dani. Good for you! You go girl so proud of you.
That meal looks really yummy.
Kris

NanaDiana said...

Congrats on your run, Dani. I am proud of you- that was a big commitment for you. I made something VERY similar last night..except scrammbled the eggs up-salt and pepper and a few bacon bits on top. So flavorful and good- my 12 year old granddaughter ate a HUGE helping of it. xo Diana

NanaDiana said...

That was SCRAMBLED the eggs--lol

Carla from The River said...

Yippee, another marathon. Good for you. :-))
We love this meal and have it often.
Carla

Libby said...

Congrats on your marathon! So proud of you. You deserved the whole serving of eggs and potatoes. Looks yummy!

Devon Barlettano said...

I just love you so! Thank you for sharing your delicious ideas! Love the pic!!

Mindi@MyLove2Create said...

Mmm sounds yummy! Congrats on your Marathon! I hope it was a great race for you!!

Magali@TheLittleWhiteHouse said...

Congratulations on the marathon!