Friday, May 3, 2013

Spaghetti Meatloaf

This is one of my favorite meals to make 
when I deliver a meal to one of our 
Church members/friends/neighbour in need.
I love that it can be cooked a day ahead and/or frozen for later.
The recipe is simple enough.

1lb of ground beef
1lb of spaghetti
1 jar of pasta sauce
2 cups of mozzarella cheese
4 eggs

Start by seasoning the beef as if you were making meatloaf.
(I use salt and pepper, 
chopped onion and parsley)
Spread the meatloaf at the bottom of a 9x13 pan.
Meanwhile cook the spaghetti, draining them when they are al dente.
Add the 4 eggs and a cup of mozzarella cheese to the cooked pasta and mix well.

Spread the above pasta mixture over the uncooked meatloaf.
Cover the pasta with pasta sauce,

and add the remaining mozzarella cheese at the top.
Cover with foil.
Bake at 400F for about 45min.

When done, eat or let it cool and store in fridge or freeze for later.
This is one of my favorite "meals on wheels".

Stay Frugal,
Daniela


6 comments:

The Thriftiness Miss said...

Mmmm.. Two of my favorite recipes made together in one dish... It can't be bad!

Amy of While Wearing Heels said...

What a thoughtful and filling meal to make for friends in need. Thanks for the delicious recipe.

Tania said...

YUM! That sounds too easy, thanks for sharing :)

x

Rhonda said...

Sounds good, would be a good frugal meals when I have a group at home to feed too.
I've read a lot of cookbooks and blogs and this is the first time I've ever seen spaghetti meatloaf. Thanks

Unknown said...

This looks super yummy Dani!! Thank you for always giving us great recipes, you rock :)

xo, Tanya

Mindi@MyLove2Create said...

I am totally trying this! It would be a great meal to take to people! So quick and easy!