Sunday, December 2, 2012

The Thingamajigger

Do you ever see, find, buy something that you have absolutely no clue about it's purpose?
I do,
...I am one of those "special" people...
Anyway, I saw this metal art piece for $1
 (get past the
pepto bismo-ish color) 
and thought why not?
I mean, nothing that spray paint can't fix.
I like the fact that it's metal, I like the height, and I think it really makes for a conversational piece.
So I picked it up and spray painted the all thing black.
Spray paint goes a long way, and I have done many projects with this one.
My rustic wooden centerpiece is one of them.

Stay Frugal,
Daniela

Linking to
Savvy Southern Style

10 comments:

Meredith @ The Laundry Can Wait said...

It's "cool" because you said it is. And all of your guests will think so because of this very reason. :) I like this new conversation piece.

Love seeing what you're up to,
Meredith

NanaDiana said...

What a fun piece of ART! Love it- I like those unknown pieces that you can make your own-xo Diana

Kelly said...

You find the most interesting things! I like it painted black. It's very sculptural and looks good as an accent piece in your home.

Sonny G said...

I like it.. good for you having the creative eye to see what it could be with a little artistry.

I hope you're feeling better and thanks so much for vising me and for your comment.

Anonymous said...

it is a beauty, very unique and quirky, perfect!

Katie @ Creatively Living said...

I love weird stuff like that. It could be a candle holder, or a vase holder for flowers....all sorts of possibilities!

--Katie

Revi said...

VERY cool. Much cooler in black!
-Revi

Sandra@Beneath this Roof, Within these Walls said...

I often buy things I have no idea what they were intended to be--it doesn't matter, the important thing is what I can do with them! This piece is awesome. It is a lovely sculpture. Perhaps by a famous artist! Who knows, you love it, and it is very cool!

Unknown said...

I love what you have done with a boring pink thingamajigger! Iron and metal look so good blended in with other pieces, way to go creative lady :)

xoxo, Tanya

Unknown said...

Yes, I like a good thingamajig too! But I'm running out of room so I've held off lately from the thrift store.