Friday, November 23, 2012

How to use a book

Beside the most logical and common idea that books are to be read, I am going to show you what I did with a book that I got at the $tree, and just did not want to throw out...but wasn't my kind of reading...
So I am putting this book to a good use :)
Moving on,
pick a book with 250 pages (more or less),
start
folding each page like so,


when you get to page 107, don't be discouraged and keep folding,

when you get to page 222, know that you are almost done.

When you fold the last page, cut the cover off, stand back and admire your "tree".

I remember doing something similar to this while I was in Elementary school.
We used comic books and spray painted the book tree silver.
Right now I am really enjoying the neutral color, so this is how it is staying.

Cost of this project $1
(and if I ever want to read the book, I can just unfold each page and read on)


Stay Frugal,

14 comments:

Debbiedoos said...

That looks so cute! I love this idea. I was looking at books too for the party...and then stepped away as I had no clue what to do. So happy you shared this. Hope you enjoyed your Thanksgiving:) and thanks for joining the party.

Ivy, Phyllis and Me! said...

Good Afternoon Daniela, What a good idea. I think I would leave the tree as it is, as there is something quite beautiful about the shape, and at the same time seeing the printed word. Have a lovely day. Best Wishes Daphne

ℳartina @ Northern Nesting said...

Super cute idea!!

Kelly said...

What a cute idea! I like the natural look of it too. Anything with book pages is so popular today.

NanaDiana said...

That's cute. I had forgot about making those. They were popular back in the late 60's and people used thick old catalogs to make them. Love the clean lines of it-xo Diana

Maria Elena said...

Daniela, what a gorgeous and creative idea! I love, love this project! Tank you for sharing,

Revi said...

looks great with your style! :)
-Revi

Unknown said...

Definitely adds an interesting item to the shelf. Good idea!

Athena at Minervas Garden said...

What a lovely book to tree idea, Daniela--I like it!

The Tablescaper said...

Very cute.

I host a weekly blogging party called Seasonal Sundays. I'd love to have you come and join.

- The Tablescaper

Amy of While Wearing Heels said...

Who said books were just for reading :). This is a lovely project...like all of yours.

Cristina Garay said...

I love it! Lots of text-ure! :)

pbrenner said...

I remember doing these with our old white pages many years ago :-)

And if you fold down one more time, you get a skinnier tree for more options.

My mom would have us do the folding, and then lightly spray some silver or gold paint around the edges. Now to find some books that I can try this with again ...

Patty

DIYbyDesign said...

What a super cute project. I have got to try this.