Thursday, September 27, 2012

Table Centerpiece on a budget

I have to admit...I am not really into decorating for fall. I mean, I add things here and there but nothing really big.
Today I decided I wanted to add a little fall to our table, so I got out a couple of things that I got for a really great price.
This glass piece was a Kroger find for $1...I am guessing it was used as a display for something.
And this bushel.
My mom is really good at crochet, and she made this.
In the glass vase I put some almonds from my parents' trees, 
and some decorative balls I already had.
The acorn squash came from a friend's garden and was free.
The bushel was only .50c from a month ago junking trip. I am going to fill it up with fruit (apples and oranges), as soon as I feel good enough to get out to the grocery store.
And there you have it.
All this for $1.50

Stay Frugal,

13 comments:

Sonny G said...

Frugal and lovely- it doesnt get better than that..
wow great crocheting.

Something Nice and Pretty said...

Love the dolie that your mom made, I have one similar that my mom made too! Love the bushel basket and you got that for such a good price!

Kelly said...

I like how that looks! I love glass containers filled with natural elements. The crochet table cloth is beautiful! That was such a nice gift from your mom.

Chubby Chieque said...

Absolutely Simply and Frugal.

Wonderful...

Greetings from Stockholm,
/CC

Amy of While Wearing Heels said...

Love it! You, my dear, must be in the right spot at the right time for some of yours deals. A .50 cent bushel and a $1 glass jar. I am jealous! I love your natural display. It's very minimal but has a big impact.

ℳartina @ Northern Nesting said...

Very cute! Love the natural elements you used to fill the vase!

Unknown said...

Beautiful Daniela, and I hope you are feeling better very soon :)

xoxo, Tanya

Cristina Garay said...

Wow! Love those frugal prices! I like the "white pumpkin" in the vase, is it covered with fabric? Your mom's crochet cloth is beautiful!

Libby said...

I love fall decorations and I love what you've created for your table. Simple and to the point. Very beautiful centerpiece. :-)

Donna said...

Wonderful frugal table. Feel better!
D

Donna Wilkes said...

Not only do I love this tablescape, I am deeply in desire for that beautiful tablecloth!

Vintage Paint and more... said...

I have a tablecloth very similar to yours that my mother made me many years ago. I love your tablescape - simple but, lovely....I am a new follower from Debbidos.....

Unknown said...

It looks like it cost way more than a $1.50! The little white pumpkin is too cute. Thanks so much for sharing at A Bouquet of Talent. So glad you did.