Thursday, August 23, 2012

As is

Too many times I think more about what I can improve, than what I truly love as is!
So here my favorite things around the house...
1
This handmade, hand painted vase from Sicily a gift from my "future sister in law"...



2
This dresser was a total score! I absolutely love EVERYTHING about it!
the curves
 the wood grain and color.
This was an antique dresser that was already priced low at $300! The guy was selling everything. It needed to go that day, he was moving the next day. We bought this at 6pm that afternoon!
He said $50, I got the cash out, and thank you very much!
I was 7 months pregnant, and gladly helped my husband to carry this h-e-a-v-y dresser upstairs in our living room.
..what would I do for great finds!!!

3
The brick wall in our bedroom. 
I LOVE the brick wall, even more after we replaced the old gas log fireplace (that we never used) with a custom built mantel and new electric fireplace.


We use this all the time during the winter months. It is so nice to turn this on when you feel like curling up, read a book, unwind from the long day and relax!

4
This rocking chair...is comfortable,
 is stylish 
and is just plain useful to rock our babies!

5
Our original 1966 wood floors! Yes, they are not wide planks, but I really like the color variation of it, and I like the imperfections it has! 
that's right, being imperfect is ok with me.

Finally, my MOST favorite thing about our home is that I get to spend each day in this house with my husband and children!

All my favorite things were either gifts, unwanted stuff, old made new, or just plain great finds!
(children fall into the "gifts" category, and husband falls into the "great finds")

Stay Frugal,
Daniela

16 comments:

Kelly said...

I love how you labeled your children and husband. Too cute! I couldn't agree with you more, btw. I can see why you chose those items to highlight. You have some pretty accents in your home. They all serve a purpose, but also help to make your home attractive.

Deneen@dreaming-n-color said...

Love that vase from Italy!!!

ℳartina @ Northern Nesting said...

Great post Daniela!

Unknown said...

love love love that dresser but your absolutely right its the people we share it with that matter

Anonymous said...

I LOVE your style!

Debbiedoos said...

I could see you Loves, and I love them too! The brick wall is awesome.

NanaDiana said...

I love your pieces, Dani. What I love even more is how much you care about your hubby and children. You are a good person- xo Diana

Libby said...

Oh, that vase is absolutely gorgeous! I love all the details of your home that you have shown. Those are the kinds of things that make a house a home and make it truly special. :-)

Crystal @ 29 Rue House said...

Always good to remember to appreciate what we have already!

Connie said...

I was just out looking at sites that my newest follower, follows and I came upon your blog. You have created a lovely home for your family. You can see and feel the love. That brick wall is marvelous and your new fireplace. I adore the way that you have surrounded it with loved and worn items, it is exquisite. I'm so pleased that I found your site.
Please come visit my blog.
I would be delighted and honored if you would follow me back.
Have a sensational weekend, Connie :)

Unknown said...

No wonder these are your favourite things. Thanks for the timely reminder to remember to appreciate the stuff we love (including our family.) Your brick walls are gorgeous and the one thing I really miss about our first home was the strip hardwood. Didn't love it then but would so want it now.

thistlewoodfarm said...

Those brick walls are amazing. I really love the fireplace against it! You have such a great sense of style!

blessings,
karianne

Connie said...

Hi Daniela. Back in the years 1965 through 1973 I lived in an area where we used a bucket to carry our water, too. Sometimes from a well and sometimes from a spring. It is very hard work especially on laundry day, but you do what you have to do. Because, of living that way, I think it makes me not take running water for-granted. Many times when I'm in the shower, I'm thanking God for being able to just turn a faucet and enjoy. Have a wonderful weekend, and thank you so much for following my blog I truly appreciate it. Connie :)

Debbie @DewdropGables said...

Great post, and so cute too!
Saw you sharing at Debbiedoo's Newbie Party
Debbie :)

Cheyenne said...

This is so refreshing and such an awesome reminder to be thankful for what we have before us.

All those things are so lovely--I love that dresser too. As is! Awesome!

Michele said...

I love your home and your feeling for it.