Sunday, July 8, 2012

Organize family activities

I heard people say that the older you get, the more you forget! 
Well...we are ALL going in that direction!
Take my word on this one...
One of the things that I am facing in keeping up with family activities, is that I need a place to collect all my data.

This is my organized mommy Mommy central (yes, Moms deserve a capital letter!)
This was a NO cost project, as I used things we already had in the house.

What I needed was a place to:
- write our weekly menu

- keep up with doctor visits, invitations, grocery list, thank you cards...


- a calendar to write down activities, dinners, birthdays...
yes, it is in Italian...and yes, every day of the year is devoted to a Saint...fyi
- cpr instruction

- a freezer list (so I don't end up 
with 9lb of ground beef ever again)

- a clock I could easily look at while cooking
I know, some people like to keep everything organized on a computer, ipad, smartphone...but I am old school...paper and pencil are my favorite!
Now, if I can only remember who is supposed to come over tomorrow morning...
.....
...
...joking!

Stay Frugal,
Daniela


Linking to
It's Overflowing
Debbidoo's





9 comments:

Kelly said...

Don't worry. I'm old school too! Ha! Old habits are hard to break. I keep a calendar handy with appts etc. I keep a grocery list out (cause it's always getting added on) and I keep a TO DO list going to remind me of chores and errands I need to take care of each day. I'm an organzied NUT! So.....I love your new organization area in your kitchen. I bet it really helps you keep track of things in your busy home. We women have to run the household, ya know!

Debbiedoos said...

Let's see, I forgot, NOT one but two birthday's this month.It gets worse, I hate to tell ya. I like that you are keeping ahead of it though.

Anonymous said...

yep...and if it is not written on our calendar here it doesn't really exist! I have never thought of a freezer list! duh?! I may actually have 90 lbs of hamburger in there.
I am your newest follower..pls follow back if you can.

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

I am old school, too. I have a calender book behind the phone for appointments to be jotted down and am always writing out a grocery list. Good to have some kind of organization and I am very forgetful.

Four Marrs and One Venus said...

Super Great Idea- everyone Needs one of these!! Nice job girl! Coming over from Debbiedoos Newbie Party!
-Jen

Crystal @ 29 Rue House said...

One we've definitely learned is to be more organized when it comes to meal planning and grocery list making. We both hate to do it so we came up with a menu for a month. Now all we have to do is look at the current week and make the list of what we need.

Anonymous said...

I'm old school, too. Computer didn't work here. No one looked. Of course the big wall calendar my son gave me is usually blank, we each have our own, which does no good when more than 1 is involved. I think I'll give your 9 bulletin board squares a try. They look great and I LOVE the clock. And, yeah, it does get worse as time goes on. :0(

Unknown said...

I love your organizational center! What a great idea. I definitely need this. :) I'm am your newest follower from the newbie party and I would love to have you join me at Life on Lakeshore Drive. I need your organizational skills. :)
HUGS

Unknown said...

what an awesome corner looks fabulous hope it keeps you on track