Tuesday, July 3, 2012

allen+roth copycat

For our master bathroom I liked this,


and I got that look for way less!
Let's say a saving of about $700.
Yes, you read correctly 7-0-0


What I like about the 
Allen Roth picture above is:
- white vanity
- 2 side storage cabinets
- mirror with white trim
- style of the faucet
  
Here is how I achieved the look I wanted:
vanity $69 (bought last year at home D)
Delta faucet $29 (Home D)
2 white closet organizers $9 each (Lowes)
mirror frame $0 (used scraps from 
our other bathroom remodel)
I built the closet organizers (on both sides of vanity) upside down and in a way that the white part on the shelf would show. 


I had to trim off 1" from the right 
storage shelves...and it is a tight fit!
Then I cut two pieces of what I thought 
was scrap wood for both tops.
When I started to cut, the jigsaw was sort of melting the "wood". Didn't take me long to realize it ain't wood! This is something more like pvc material. Have no clue what it is. I thought it was painted wood...it is white all the way, water resistant and very durable.  If you ask me, perfect for a bathroom counter top!
We got it from a friend who was clearing out 
a storage space six years ago!!!
 I also cut and attached leftover trim to give it more of a finished look.
Attach to little shelves and there you have it!

The mirror is actually the original medicine cabinet door. 


Did not wanted to deal with removing it and also I do like the extra storage it brings to a smaller bathroom. So I cut the trim for it and liquid nail it to the mirror.
I got everything that I was looking for

- white vanity
- 2 side storage cabinets
- mirror with white trim
- faucet style
I am really please on how this turned out!
I still have to attach the vintage accessories tiles we savaged from the initial demolition.
Will show you how they look as soon as we put those up!

Allen Roth cost $804
My cost $116
  
--Click here if you are interested to see the 
bathroom project in all it's glory--

Stay Frugal,

23 comments:

Kelly said...

You did a terrific job on this! Yours looks just as good as the inspiration piece. I'm so impressed with how you were able to make those side storage units look like they were built in to your sink vanity. I know you must really be enjoying the extra storage and counter space.

Unknown said...

Your bathroom looks great and you did and awesome job refitting the side cabinets. I am inspired by the trim you added to the medicine cabinet. Our basement bathroom has a simple medicine cab that would benefit from some nice trim.

Anonymous said...

I just love your blog, Daniela! A girl after my own heart :)

Brandi said...

Daniela, you did such a beautiful job in your bathroom. I love your vanity. Way to save!

Cristina Garay said...

Doesn't everything look better with trim?! I love how you got the look for waaay less money!! and I love, love, love it!! You did an amazing job!

Melissa@TheHappierHomemaker said...

Wow!! Looks awesome! Thanks for leaving a comment on my blog-do happy to have found yours!

At The Picket Fence said...

This is so fantastic!! You did an amazing job getting the look for way less and it is beautiful. Thanks so much for sharing it at Inspiration Friday!
Vanessa

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

You did good. Good idea making that yourself and saving all that moula.

Jean @ www.thebackyardbungalow.com said...

Very nicely done! Found you from Debbiedoos blog hop!

Carolyn said...

Perfect, beautiful, good for you!

Unknown said...

You did a fabulous job and got the look without spending a fortune! Looks really great!

Pamela said...

Looks great!! Very crafty indeed!

Sonny G said...

This gives a new meaning to
" Spectacular Transformation".

applause applause on a creation well done and so great at function also.

ℳartina @ Northern Nesting said...

Awesome job! Your bathroom looks great! Love the beadboard and wall color. Your newest follower :)

SwedishCorner ~ DownUnder...Pernilla said...

Awesome job! Well done :)
Greetings from Australia♥
~Pernilla

Something Nice and Pretty said...

A job well done! Newest follower here and on Pinterest too!

Rondell

Athena at Minervas Garden said...

Hi Daniela: What a great and frugal project--I like it. I also love the frame on the medicine cabinet mirror, and that it's just glued on--fantastic idea. Take care, and have a lovely week!

Sherry @ No Minimalist Here said...

The vanity turned out wonderful!! I just found you at Kim's blog and I am now a follower. Take care.

NanaDiana said...

Great job. It looks as nice as the inspiration picture. Just found you through Kim and I am your newest follower. Diana

Shannon Fox said...

You definitely got "the look" and it was wayyy less $! Good for you =) It turned out great. Nice job!!

Debra said...

This is awesome...how incredibly handy you are!

Grace @ Sense and Simplicity said...

What a great job you did. I love the lower sides to the cabinet.

Roeshel said...

Beautiful job! So clever and crafty! What a savings! Love it!