Friday, May 25, 2012

Wire waste basket

I have been wanting to make a wire basket for SO long!




Especially I wanted to make a waste basket for our bathroom with chicken wire...
but I was excited when I saw this at 
Dollar General, of all places!
It's not exactly what I wanted, but for now it will work!




It was only $1.50, and I knew I could modify this EASILY with some spray paint that I already had!


Got my oil primer out


paint


I did 1 coat of primer, 1 coat with the metallic paint and the last coat with the white paint.


After 1st coat of primer

and I turned that blue thing into this!






I am still perfectly round, 
                                                               the picture makes me look crooked




Priceless!
Well, almost ;)


Stay Frugal,
Daniela


Linking to It's Overflowing
DIY Show off
The Shabby Creek Cottage
The Frugal Girls



2 comments:

Crystal @ 29 Rue House said...

Nice deal! It looks great!

Kelly said...

What a deal! I never go to the Dollar General, but now I think I should! I've seen those kind of wire baskets in pictures and have always liked them but never knew where to find them. Now I know! That basket would also look good sprayed in a rusty brown color to look like it was old. Love how this turned out and love the price even more!