Monday, May 21, 2012

Pottery Barn at a fraction of the cost!

Do you ever buy things that are not on "your list"?
Well, sometime I do...if it is a good deal!

The two items were bought at two different consignment sales. The Ice bucket I found a while ago, and the cutain was purchased at the last consignment I went to.

Ice bucket for $2
(Pottery Barn)



And this brand new in the package 
white curtain for $4
(Pottery Barn)
One panel 84" long of heavy cotton fabric.



The ice bucket is being used as is.
The white curtain will be used to make either pillow covers or cloth napkins...you'll see what I decide to do with this!

I like consignment sales, because you can really find some great stuff in like new condition (or even just brand new!) 
at the fraction of the cost.
And you don't pay taxes on used stuff!

Ice buckets from Pottery Barn cost at least $40,



and the curtain came in the original package with the price tag of $24


Their price $70 ($64+tax)
my price $6

If it's a great price and it's new or washable,
then it's mine!

Stay Frugal,
Daniela


2 comments:

Kelly said...

Great finds! Those are both very useful items. I think I would've bought that white curtain panel too. They can be used for just about anything.

Michele said...

Those are super finds. I got some PB lidded tin boxes recently that retailed for $18 each and am still thrilled about finding them.